One popular type of the mist-fume collector is the bag media collector. These collectors use a heavy media to soak the oil out of the air, eliminating the health and safety hazards that are caused by machinery that sprays an oil mist. This process allows the oil to be collected and either reused or disposed of.
Bag media collectors can be used in cold-drawing, gear cutting, grinding, CNC turning, forging, cold pressing and milling applications. Used for both wet and dry applications, the versatility of the baghouse and media collectors makes them ideal for use in grinding applications. They can handle both the coolant and the metal dust sprayed during the grinding process.
Mist collectors can be mounted directly on a machine center or mounted remotely connecting single or multiple machines with ducting. Media mist collectors can be engineered to each customer’s specific requirements. Ecolo-Tech, Inc.’s flexibility saves time and money during installation while still providing the best performance for your plant. They are also easy to maintain with tool-free filter changes and easy filter removal.
Different processes and fluids create a variety of contaminants and challenges. It is important that the right technology is used to ensure an effective and efficient air quality solution. Because Ecolo-Tech, Inc. sells mist collectors from many different suppliers, we can make sure the system you purchase is right for your specific application.
UAS SmogHog & Avani Collectors
Ecolo-Tech, Inc. offers the highly reliable and cost-effective Absolent mist collector line from Avani and SmogHog SMH from UAS.
The SmogHog SMH from UAS supplies media mist collectors that feature state of the art coalescing filter media technology in a 100 percent synthetic blend of fibers built into a tubular filter arrangement that optimizes drainage. This results in great removal efficiency and long filter life.
The Smog-Hog SHM features
- Motorized impeller with speed control for precise airflow adjustment.
- Blower and controls prewired with single external termination.
- Touch screen controls with 24VDC wiring which provides an additional layer of product safety
- Made of heavy gauge steel construction with powder coated finish inside and out
- Inlet plenum configured to allow inlets on left, right or rear module
- Sloped oil drain sump with drain plugs on the left side of the product to collect and recover fluid
The Smog-Hog SHM uses a three-stage process for air filtration:
- Fine fiber, aluminum mesh pre-filter reduces mist concentration and removes coarse contaminate such as large droplets and metal chips.
- The primary filter is engineered with PEACH coalescing filter cartridges or fiberglass envelope bags depending on the application.
- A safety after-filter available in ASHRAE 95 percent oil mist rated filter or HEPA configurations. This filter removes the remaining small concentration of fine particulate.
Three airflow paths in the Smog-Hog SHM results in the removal of 99 percent of contaminants. Air moves radially (directly through the media), axially (a stair-step path), and helically (a corkscrew air pattern). Different processes and fluids create a variety of contaminants and challenges.
Avani Environmental Absolent Series
Avani’s Absolent series is one of the highest quality and most effective mist and smoke collector available. The collector provides high-quality air purification with minimal maintenance and energy cost.
Avani uses a unique series of filter cassettes (fiber beds) that are designed to capture particles with minimal impact on air flow. Oil and water based coolants are stored within the collector allowing return and re-use. All Absolents come with HEPA filters with a 99.97 percent effectiveness at 0.3 microns. The result is a safer work environment for your employees. These filters are long lasting, requiring minimal operating costs.
To order your Avani or SmogHog bag media collectors, request a quote from Ecolo-Tech today. Our facility is based in Madison Heights, Michigan, and we work with customers throughout Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.